NOTICES TO COMPETITORS:
including race courses
Other useful information:
(not verified or warranted; use at your own risk)
Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS)
- By car - Those with disabilities may park in the CYC lot. Others can park on the street or in the public lot to the south-west of the clubhouse and enter through the gate there.
- MTS buses and trolleys serve much of central SD County, Bus route 901 stops a short distance west of CYC. Information for riders with disabilities.
- MTS Access operates wheelchair lift-equipped buses which provide transportation to transit riders whose disabilities prevent them from using fixed route bus or Trolley services. Passengers must be certified and make reservations in advance.
- FACT (Facilitating Access to Coordinated Transportation) provides a one-stop shop for seniors and people with disabilities to find and arrange transportation in San Diego County.
Kyle C. McArthur Memorial Regatta
at Coronado Yacht Club
to benefit Challenged Sailors San Diego
April 26-28, 2019
The fifth annual Kyle C. McArthur Memorial Regatta hosted by Coronado Yacht Club (KMAC V) on April 26-28, 2019 is a major fundraiser for Challenged Sailors San Diego. Martin 16 and Hansa 303 racing will be be held Saturday and Sunday on beautiful Glorietta Bay, preceded by a special racing clinic and practice on Friday.
Each day of the regatta will start and finish at the Coronado Yacht Club in Glorietta Bay. Two classes are planned: Martin 16s and Hansa 303s (provided by BAADS, Bay Area Association of Disabled Sailors).
Sailors may register and enter beginning March 5, 2019 by completing ALL of the following steps:
1) Arrange for a boat:
For Martin 16: send email request to email@example.com.
All boats are currently reserved. Wait list available.
For Hansa 303: coordinate with Jim Thweatt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2) AFTER availability of a boat has been confirmed, promptly make Regatta Entry Donation (includes dinner for sailor and crew if applicable).
Donation can be made via PayPal or credit card using the appropriate Donate button below (preferred) or by check made out to "Challenged Sailors San Diego" and mailed to PO Box 6994, San Diego CA 92166 (include note "KMAC entry").
3) ALL sailors and companion sailors are required to complete and sign the standard CSSD waiver and information form, which can be downloaded here. Fill it out (include any specific requirements for adaptive equipment (e.g. power assist system) or transferring into the boat (e.g. sling and lift), electronically sign if your PDF viewer supports this, save and email it to email@example.com. If necessary, print, fill out, and scan the completed form or take pics of each page with a cell phone.
Entries (including waiver and information forms if they haven't done been submitted previously, and entry fee) must be received no later than April 8, 2019. Late entries may be accepted at CSSD’s discretion if there are boats and sufficient companion sailors available.
As this is a fundraising event for CSSD, participants are encouraged to raise donations/sponsorships from friends and acquaintances that would like to support them. Here is a letter template that you could customize and send to friends, family, and acquaintances.
Information about donations/sponsorships, racing and dinner schedule, raffle & silent auction, additional dinner tickets, viewing locations, etc. is available here.
Martin 16 Regatta Entry
$100 includes dinner for sailor and companion sailor
Hansa 303 Regatta Entry
$50 includes dinner for sailor